Objective of job:
Equiniti is seeking mid-level and DevOps Engineers to collaborate with product, design, and engineering to build and implement innovative orchestrations tools, information pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support our internal development as well as our sizable base of customers. Our DevOps team will work on challenging, product and infrastructure-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide real time and near time analytics. To support our scale, our hybrid cloud consists of hundreds of servers, microservices,terabytes of active production data and numerous real-time data streams.
We are looking for someone who wants to solve non-traditional DevOps problems, where normal approaches fall short and critical thinking and experimentation are expected every day.
- Understanding of SDLC and exposure to AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Exposure to other Source Control environments like TFS, GIT, SVN etc.
- Knowledge of Web Servers, Operating Systems, App Servers, Web Services & Workflows.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, developers, project and product managers to find elegant and manageable solutions to new and complex product needs.
- Constantly strive to avoid complacency by seeking new tools, techniques, and resources to evolve our infrastructure.
- Establish, design, perform, and execute comprehensive technical projects to facilitate marketing efforts and goals.
- Assist the Monitoring as a Service (MaaS) platform development team to support the seamless deployment of their code.
- Employ an open-source collaborative development design to broaden each significant feature and compose clear descriptions and PR messages.
- Analyze, organize, and provide in-depth code reviews to improve applications dynamically and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Enhance overall platform security by using modern tools to design, test, and improve existing products, and implementing security-focused solutions to new problems.
- Maintain and grow a highly-visible hybrid-cloud solution serving our clients.
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews as well as deploying frequently.
- Work on a highly motivated team of professionals dedicated towards excellence in DevOps, sharing knowledge, trying new things,Interact with team members to improve our engineers’ tools,
- technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Should have an overall 3+ years of experience in Devops from large Enterprise Systems.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining Java web applications
- Have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems, and an understanding of how to make Test Driven Infrastructure work in complex environments. (Jenkins preferred)
- Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Previous experience with high-performance and high-availability open source web technologies
- Be deeply familiar with hybrid-cloud concepts, including experience deploying production workloads to a large cloud provider, and detailed experience managing, deploying to, and orchestrating managed data center environments.
- Have experience implementing and maintaining in Ops environments (Salt preferred) and be comfortable in an everything-as-code workplace.
- Have experience scripting and coding in Python and/or Go.
- Have experience running and orchestrating containers in production