The Management Information Lead role is a newly created role responsible for providing assurance and insight on People Operations Performance and People related data insights. The role involves working closely with senior stakeholders globally across the EQ estate.
An output will be standardised MI which will People Operations to optimise operational capability and Service Levels and provide insights to our People Directors on Business Unit people related measures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Creating a People Operations MI strategy that enables data to be viewed at individual level or rolled up into wider teams and departments. To achieve this all People data will need to be centrally housed in a data warehouse or data cube. This will allow the production of a regular (weekly and monthly) People Operations dashboard with the appropriate commentary on operational capability.
- Designing or procuring a Business Intelligence (BI) tool to overlay the People Operations MI which enables engaging, insightful and visual dashboards and reports. The BI tool should be easy to use by non-technical colleagues and its simplicity should allow new reports to be created quickly.
- Creating a suite of standard reports to be used across People Operations but also recognising the need for specific individual team measurements and MI requirements.
- Supporting the production of tailor-made and specific MI reports as required for wider Equiniti Group consumption.
- Stakeholder Management & Communication Planning
- Proactively engage and maintain links with stakeholders to communicate clearly, listen to and explore requirements and present advice;
- Act as a focal point for queries; providing expert advice and guidance
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Mobility
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, behaviours and able to fulfil the mobility requirements of the role:
- Knowledge of SQL and have experience of designing, managing and using management information databases.
- Demonstrable experience using SQL, SSRS, Excel and other BI tools.
- Experience of working with managers who want to use MI information in order to analyse and define requirements and to provide them with training and guidance in the use of tools and reports.
- Track record of delivering regular business data and insight – an understanding that the provision of accurate and timely management information to stakeholders in a format that is practical to consume is essential for operational success.
- A proven track record in demand/capacity/resource planning in a heavily regulated, KPI driven environment.
- Be able to flexibly support the business - Ad hoc requests for information are responded to, timescales are agreed and the ability to demonstrate openness and approachability with the relevant stakeholders throughout Group Operations.
- Previous experience of managing a wide variety of senior stakeholders and an ability to influence and gain credibility quickly across a diverse business.
- Ability to innovate and look for new opportunities - new facts about the business are shared with the team and are used to inform decisions.
- Drive out inefficiencies in the production of MI across People Operations.
- Automate processes and repetitive tasks.
- An intellectually rigorous approach to data analysis to identify the root causes of issues, with the ability to apply pragmatic solutions where necessary.
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to positively influence, negotiate and challenge supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Location: Chennai