Main Purpose of Job
The role of People Services Generalist will be to work as part of the PeopleServices Team in Chennai providing complex HR payroll data administration and helpdesk services for our customers. You will process changes to Equiniti employee personal details, correspondence, payroll data changes and data record maintenance. You will also provide advisory support to Equiniti managers and employees on standard HR and payroll policies, processes, basic compensation and benefit entitlement queries.
Customer service, quality and care is everything. The role will require excellent written and spoken English language skills, as well as proven numeracy, data accuracy and proficient IT skills. It will also require commitment and enthusiasm as part of this exciting vision to transform HR and Payroll.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The core administrative elements of your role will include processing and quality checking:
- New starter actions for people joining Equiniti.
- Probationary periods, internal transfers and special leave (maternity, paternity and flexible working).
- Sickness absence (short term and long term sick) and annual leave requests.
- 1st stage monthly payroll data to record and check attendance, hours worked, allowances, overtime and pay adjustments.
- Changes to personal details and terms and conditions.
- Changes to personal allowances, compensation and benefits.
- Administration and correspondence support for the UK based Employee Relations Specialists dealing with employee relations cases.
- HR records ensuring all employee records (manual and electronic) are accurate, up to date and comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and company specific requirements.
- Leaver actions for those leaving employment with Equiniti, including ex-employee reference requests and other external data requests.
You will also be required to:
- Provide standard advice to Equiniti managers and employees on HR and payroll policies, processes, basic compensation and benefit entitlement queries through email, e-chat and telephone.
- Pass on complex manager and employee queries to the PeopleServices Manager and UK based ER Specialists as directed.
- Record all administrative and query handing tasks on the Contact Management System, ensuring customers are provided with a service reference number for any unresolved queries.
- Respond to all requests in a helpful, highly responsive, efficient and customer friendly manner.
- Ensure all Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met and escalate any issues or concerns to the PeopleServices Manager immediately.
- Provide support to your PeopleServices team members, especially in busy periods to ensure that overall service targets are met and workload completed.
- Support additional HR and Payroll jobs allocated to you that may not be included in this Job Profile.
- Support continuous service improvement by suggesting ideas to improve the quality of work and the Customer Experience.
Note: statements in this Job Profile are intended to reflect, in general, the core duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Essential for the role:
- At least first degree qualified
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Very high levels of data input accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well organised, hardworking and comfortable working to strict service levels and targets.
- Foundational understanding of HR and payroll processes, policies and procedures.
- At least intermediate level in MS Office suite, and adept at learning new systems and processes driven by technology
- Strong integrity and an appreciation of the requirement for confidentiality and the protection of data
- Commitment and enthusiasm to continuous improvement, to transform how HR is delivered at Equiniti
- 1-3 year experience of working within HR or payroll shared service centres.
- Experience of using HR and payroll systems
- HR generalist experience, with strong knowledge of HR theory and practice.
Job Location: Chennai