The role of team Leader will be to lead the People Services team in Chennai to deliver exceptional performance within the team and ensure a responsive business focused HR service. The team is responsible for managing process changes to Equiniti employees personal details, manage correspondence, payroll data changes, data record maintenance. The team will also provide advisory support to Equiniti managers and employees on standard HR and payroll policies, processes, basic compensation and benefit entitlement queries with specific UK policies and legislation. These supports are managed through mails, calls and chats.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver services to the highest possible standard, addressing any risk issues to improve customer satisfaction
- Organise, plan, control and monitor workflow, co-ordinating resource to ensure that the daily workload is consistently completed in line with agreed service standards.
- Ensure that staffs are appropriately trained, cross trained, deployed, counselled and motivated so that their individual and collective performance meets the current and future needs of the business, actively coaching and developing all direct reports.
- Recognise and analyse trends in problem occurrence and workflow, investigate further when appropriate and implementing changes/improvements or co-ordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and contribute to business efficiency goals
- When required support, plan, communicate and implement both central and locally driven changes ensuring such changes are implemented with the minimum of disruption to services
- Use the CAPA process to ensure that all adverse trends in problem occurrence and / or workflow are fully investigated and action taken to minimise the risk of re-occurrence
- Identify, plan, delegate and where appropriate manage projects ensuring these are delivered on time, within required accuracy
- Ensure responses to all requests are done in a helpful, highly responsive, efficient and customer friendly manner.
- Ensure all Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met and escalate any issues or concerns to the reporting manager proactively
- Provide support to your team members, especially in busy periods to ensure that overall service targets are met and workload completed.
- Work with the HR Business Partners and HR Centre of Excellence team ensuring timely exchange of information about specific HR cases, administrative support for HR cases and projects
- Review volumes and demand for services on a regular basis and highlight noticeable HR trends across the business.
- Liaise with HR Business Partners to agree necessary training and/or interventions with the business where appropriate.
- Pursue personal development of skills and technical knowledge to adapt to the changing business environment.
Note, statements in this Job Profile are intended to reflect, in general, the core duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
English Oral Communication:
- Explains or presents factual information to individuals or groups in a structured, clear, confident and concise way avoiding the use of jargon.
- Explains the reasoning behind what is being said to ensure understanding and acceptance.
English Written Communication:
- Produces clear and concise reports and other written material (both draft and final form) usually of a detailed and sometime technical nature, which are understandable to those with or without knowledge of the subject matter.
Self / Work Organisation:
- Uses basic time management techniques to plan, manage and prioritise own work effectively, making most efficient use of the time available.
- Plans, co-ordinates and controls the work and resources of the team.
Performance Review & Development:
- Objectively assess the performance of others in accordance with the process, assessing capabilities and potential.
- Give constructive feedback in order to identify individual’s development needs.
- Maintain consistency and fairness throughout the process.
- Communicate and explain change effectively.
- Plan and implement changes gaining commitment and understanding, minimising disruption to our service.
- Has a very good understanding of the Group’s overall aims, structures, policies and culture, together with a good knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and relevant strategies pertaining to specific areas of the business.
- Able to assess the impact of change on products, systems, processes and people.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contact in all relevant areas.
- Has a good understanding of the business environment in which Equiniti operates and of industry best practice.
- Has a good awareness of the likely impact of economic, political, social and regulatory change on Equiniti’s business and overall aims, including relevant IT industry developments.
- Maintain an understanding of competitor services and initiatives and how they may be turned to advantage.
Job location: Chennai