Equiniti is a FTSE 250 company and a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex and regulated administration and payments. Our technology platforms are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services. We have 1,700 clients, make £160 billion worth of payments through our systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 8 million pension scheme members, and provide services which touch 28 million customers. Over a third of the UK population has dealt with Equiniti at some point during their lives.
Equiniti is a company that has been built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ c.5000 people in the UK, India and the US and the average length of service of our employees is 12 years.
There are five business divisions which compromise the Equiniti business (EQ Boardroom, EQ Paymaster, EQ Invest, EQ Digital and EQ by Equiniti) supported by our Group Functions. Our strategy is aimed at driving pace and growth with a strong focus on further investment in our people and leadership.
Equiniti is making the future today by providing technology, processes and people to help organisations adapt in a rapidly changing world.
Our Fintech and Regtech solutions are used by the most recognised brands in the UK financial services sector to improve customer service, manage compliance and fraud and stay one step ahead of regulatory change.
We tackle customer on-boarding, complaints management, rectification and remediation, digital banking and loan decisioning with specialist expertise and smart technology designed for the digital age.
EQ Global is a regulated Money Service Business providing an international payments platform and support services.
We are now seeking experienced professionals to join the EQ Global team as Anti-Money Laundering Analysts. Whilst already well established, this opportunity offers the ability to contribute to shaping and evolving a “best in class” Risk and Compliance function.
As an Anti-Money Laundering Analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring that EQGlobal meets its regulatory obligations under UK regulation “The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017”. The primary objective of the AML Transaction Monitoring team is to conduct the first level review of alerts triggered by specific rules and scenarios in the Transaction Monitoring system.
- Identify trends of defects
- Patterns of performance
- Determine analysts knowledge level with the work queue streams and implement measures for upskill
- Process Evaluation (value / non-value adding activities)
The object of the Quality team is to continuously strive for improvement.
As QA Analyst, you will be part of the Quality Team entrusted with the responsibility to define measure, analyse, improve and control the quality of delivery by the team.
A QA Analyst is actively busy analysing the delivered work, reporting errors, estimating severity of the found issues, Conducting root cause analysis and implementing structural solutions. As a QA Analyst you directly report to the team leader and give (individual or central) feedback to the operational Analysts.
Day to day activities will mainly consist out of:
- QA Audit
- Error detection and reporting
- Root Cause Analysis on found errors
- Incorporate and execute corrective measures
- Officiate as a last resort in case of complex or rare operational
- Provide input for training or evaluation purposes
General Overview of knowledge, abilities and experience
- Thorough understanding of the processes and procedures
- Understand CDD requirements and translate these into Standard Operating Procedures and Working Rules if and when required.
- Ability to conduct QA on responsible projects according to metrics, and spot trends, patterns and/or gaps as well as initiate action plans on improvement
- Knowledge of AML, policies and regulations.
- Training and coaching the responsible project members in understanding of procedure, QA findings, and improvement plans etc.
- Strong communicational skills (external and internal), and the ability to bring criticism / comments in a constructive way.
- Provide input and quality assurance for training material prepared by training team (ATT/OBTT)
- Understanding of metrics for quality audits
- Basic knowledge of compliance regulations from across the Globe
- Strong eye for detail and the ability to assess and prioritize severity
- General understanding of databases (Excel knowledge is a plus).
- Affinity with Six Sigma and process improvement methods/initiatives
Knowledge and ability
- Interest in and basic knowledge and understanding of financial markets and AML regulations
- Competency with PCs and common operating systems, office productivity systems, browsers and Internet search.
- Preferred - Relevant technical business analysis, and/or domain qualifications, e.g. ICA Advanced Certificate/ACAMS.
- Academic, or an equivalent level, degree. Preferably in a field related to economics, finance, law, audit or compliance, but applicants with alternative backgrounds are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Work experience requirements:
- Work experience – 4+ years of relevant experience.
Due to the international working environment, excellent English language skills are a strict requirement. Any additional (global business) languages are a big advantage.
Behavioural Competencies (scale 1-5)
- Oral Communication (3)
Applies good oral communication within the organisation
- Written Communication (3)
Applies effective written communication within the organisation, online and in customer files
- Persuasiveness (3)
Able to articulate position and influence internal teams
- Relationship Building (2)
Promotes and motivates team spirit, supports team cohesion and is ready to help
- Problem analysis (2)
Analyzes complex and resolves contra-dictionary problems within the context of the work assigned
- Tenacity (3)
Remains at one point of view or plan of action in the communication with team-mates and people across the organisation
- Process Mindset (2)
Is comfortable and efficient in following a predefined process; but is also able to provide feedback on suggested process improvements
- Attention to detail (4)
Accurate and complete in all case review and filing
Equiniti India will provide all employees with a combination of classroom training and closely monitored "on-the-job" training. We will also provide our teams with training relevant to their job and role.
Job Location: Bengaluru