Objective of job
The role is to implement and manage the deployment of multiple .NET software applications across development and test environments. We are looking to increase the level of automated deployments and move towards a continuous deployment approach encompassing automated testing. We currently use Team City and MSI-based deployments but are in the process of migrating to Azure DevOps Pipelines.
The successful candidate will have a number of responsibilities which will include manual and automated deployments, troubleshooting day-to-day issues that arise and developing new automated deployment mechanisms.
- Should have an overall 4+ years of experience in developing and/or deploying .NET applications.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise, using several of the following technologies:
- Azure DevOps Pipelines (formerly TFS Build and Release)
- Artefact management
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- MSI and Windows Installer technology
- MS Web Deploy
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
Exposure to the following technologies/ tools/ methods are desirable
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Team City
- Selenium, XUNIT (or similar testing frameworks)
- Agile Methodologies
- Container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes