Objective of job
The Equiniti Paymaster IT Test department is responsible for the system testing of pension, payroll & L&P administration systems to meet the business requirements for our clients and Equiniti Paymaster. This involves system and regression testing the core and configured systems used by pension and payroll professionals, in addition to system testing the digital self-service applications used by pension members and employers. The test team provide system testing support for bespoke pensions calculations, interfaces and workflows that have been developed to meet individual pension scheme requirements.
The department use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) as its application lifecycle management tool working in conjunction with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to capture the individual test plans and testing iterations.
The team has a breadth of knowledge across pensions, pension payroll, test analysis, test automation and non-functional testing using a combination of onshore and offshore test professionals.
The job holder will work on various projects outlined on the Delivery Roadmaps, providing support and assistance to the Senior Test Analyst/Test Leads during the software development lifecycle (SDLC) ensuring all processes and procedures are followed as detailed in the Test Strategy and Test Plans
Qualification & Skills
- A strong background in working with Agile testing process
- A good understanding of test methods, covering - system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, negative testing and platform testing
- Must have experience of working in a development team that follows SDLC
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous integration platforms
- Test Automation script execution using Selenium is added advantage
- Experience/Exposure to database SQL Server, Microsoft office and SharePoint
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record
- Should have appropriate years of testing experience required for this role.
- UK Pensions & Paroll domain is added advantage
- Write test planning documentation from requirements specifications/user stories
- Manual Test execution while accurately recording and storing test results
- Fully understand how all aspects of their work integrates with the rest of the SDLC
- Support the Agile testing process, attending daily stand-ups and ownership of individual user stories
- Provide technical testing support for the test processes and methods as defined in the testing approach documentation
- Implementing scheduled tests, execution and logging the tests and evaluating the results and documenting any deviations from expected results
- Perform peer reviews of the test cases/scripts prepared by other team members
- Raise queries and collaborate to resolve queries with Development Team/Subject Matter Experts
- Change control to original requirements for impact analysis and
capture these changes within a traceability matrix or within TFS
- Defect retesting, fault reviews and defect analysis of any issues raised
- Conducting test Fault and Progress review meeting within the team
- Experience in preparing test environment to execute test cases (Test Data)
- Provide Knowledge transfer and functional testing support to Junior testers
- Provide technical testing support for vulnerability testing for application data transfers
- Provide testing expertise for the UI testing of Web and mobile devices
- Liaise with UK Counterparts for functional clarifications
- Should Work under routine supervision. Uses minor discretion in resolving problems or enquiries. Works without frequent reference to others. Able to deliver work that meets the time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base.
- Interacts with and influence immediate colleagues and should have more influence in own domain.
- Should perform a range of varied work activities in a variety of structured environments.
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications. Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work.
- Should have sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
Job Location: Chennai