We are now seeking experienced professionals to join the EQ Global team as Anti-Money Laundering Analysts. Whilst already well established, this opportunity offers the ability to contribute to shaping and evolving a “best in class” Risk and Compliance function.
As an Anti-Money Laundering Analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring that EQGlobal meets its regulatory obligations under UK regulation “The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017”. The primary objective of the AML Transaction Monitoring team is to conduct the first level review of alerts triggered by specific rules and scenarios in the Transaction Monitoring system.
To lead a team, effectively assign cases, utilising available resource in order to deliver a quality service in line with agreed standards. Oversee and support the work of other colleagues where required. Contribute to the overall planning and workflow of the department.
- Organise, plan, control and monitor workflow, co-ordinating resource to ensure that the daily workload is consistently completed in line with agreed service standards.
- Monitor the performance of the team, recommending and implementing changes to the way in which the team operates to improve service quality and process efficiency supporting line management in the implementation of centrally driven changes when required.
- Input in to the development of individual team members, ensuring cross training is carried out and there is sufficient knowledge and resource to cover absences.
- Work alongside the UK operational team to ensure communication and operations are aligned.
- Recognise and analyse trends in problem occurrence and workflow, investigate further when appropriate and implementing changes or co-ordinating support from other parties to resolves matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrences.
- Monitor the team compliance with internal policies, procedures, external regulations and data security, report or escalating non-conformance as necessary.
- Ensure that the operational unit works to support our quality policy, information security policy and all aspects of our Integrated Management System.
- Support the team deliverable by undertaking a range of roles and tasks when required.
- Pursue personal development of skills and technical knowledge to adapt to the changing business environment.
- Deliver quality of service as per the required standards.
- Drive to improve results and standards
- Drive continuous improvement within the team
- Working together
- Taking ownership and responsibility
- Technical proficiency
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial markets and AML regulations
- Preferred - Relevant technical business analysis, and/or domain qualifications, e.g. ICA Advanced Certificate/ACAMS.
- Academic, or an equivalent level, degree. Preferably in a field related to economics, finance, law, audit or compliance, but applicants with alternative backgrounds are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Work experience requirements:
- Work experience – 24 to 48 months of relevant experience.
Due to the international working environment, excellent English language skills are a strict requirement. Any additional (global business) languages are a big advantage.
Behavioural Competencies (scale 1-5)
- Oral Communication (3)
Applies good oral communication within the organisation
- Written Communication (3)
Applies effective written communication within the organisation, online and in customer files
- Persuasiveness (3)
Able to articulate position and influence internal teams
- Relationship Building (2)
Promotes and motivates team spirit, supports team cohesion and is ready to help
- Problem analysis (2)
Analyzes complex and resolves contra-dictionary problems within the context of the work assigned
- Tenacity (3)
Remains at one point of view or plan of action in the communication with team-mates and people across the organisation
- Process Mindset (2)
Is comfortable and efficient in following a predefined process; but is also able to provide feedback on suggested process improvements
- Attention to detail (4)
Accurate and complete in all case review and filing
Equiniti India will provide all employees with a combination of classroom training and closely monitored "on-the-job" training. We will also provide our teams with training relevant to their job and role.
Job Location: Bengaluru