Objective of job
To work as a part of a Customer project-orientated team in timely deliverables and meeting quality expectations.
- Experience in manual testing of Client Server and Web applications.
- Exposure of testing methodologies, defect management system and database knowledge is must.
- Good Exposure in Writing SQL Queries & Joins is added advantage.
- Knowledge on preparing test scenarios, test cases and test data for the test cases.
- Testing experience with different types of testing including Regression and Functional.
- Should have Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to Automation tools and V-Model/Agile testing process is an added advantage
Qualification & Skills
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take responsibility for the tasks assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active, dynamic and focused approach
- Should possess good functional understanding of the assigned project.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base.
- Should communicate effectively in a non-confrontational manner.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Monitor and updates bug reports as needed including bug report closure.
- Should manage the defect database under the guidance of senior testers.
- Candidates with testing certifications will be an added advantage
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others.
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy).
- Says what they mean; walks the talk.
- Accepts responsibility rather than apportioning blame.
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others.
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships.
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the Client relationships.
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression.
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally).
- Effectively communicates with Clients and key stakeholders.
- Manages, maintains and promotes each relationship to deliver added value solutions and maximise growth potential.
- Probes facts and opinions to determine underlying needs and expectations to find out what Clients/Customer’s really need today and identify future requirements.
- Pro-actively manages all stakeholders throughout contract renewal and tender processes.
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are.
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers.
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction.
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others.
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals.
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others.
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change.
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient.
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Leads, coaches and develops others to reach their full potential.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first.
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others.
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation.
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions.
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.
Job Location: Chennai