Equiniti helps organisations to meet their regulatory requirements and undertake complex tasks, by combining specialist expertise with market-leading technology. Our technology platforms and solutions are used by 70% of the FTSE 100. Equiniti is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
From working within the UK financial industry to providing services to public sector organisations, we deliver highly accurate, flexible and effective services to clients across a range of sectors.
The expertise of our 4,700 people in the UK, USA, Netherlands and India enables us to provide industry-leading specialist services to our clients, and in turn their customers, who are typically employees, pensioners, shareholders and consumers. We look to employ people who, like us, put the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Equiniti’s Procurement Team are responsible for the strategic and tactical management of a supply chain with circa £200m annual spend. The department is mainly based in Crawley (UK) and Minneapolis (USA) with currently a small offshore support presence in India. Procurement’s role is to ensure Equiniti’s businesses receive value for money and exceptional service in delivering to their corporate objectives. The off-shore team was established in 2017 to provide support internally to the department and also the wider business units for selected procurement processes. This team is seen as a critical part of the Procurement Transformation underway and Equiniti is looking for an experienced procurement lead to help further develop an extensive shared service capability. This role will report into the Head of Finance Shared Services (IN) and the Procurement Operations Manager (UK),
This person will be responsible for defining, transitioning and then delivering a number of procurement processes that support the department delivering excellent customer service. This is a critical role that enables the operations of the department to run as efficiently as possibly enabling managers to focus on strategic procurement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Define and document key procurement processes to be offshored, including defining appropriate SLA’s/KPI’s for the selected processes performance metrics with appropriate targets
- Own and deliver the transition plan for offshoring processes, working closely with senior procurement staff members to ensure work is smoothly transitioned
- Recruit high quality staff with a good blend of experience and attitude to create a high performance culture
- Manage and develop staff to ensure they perform activities to the required standard
- Put in place weekly reporting to monitor and measure performance of team
- Take action on areas of low performance and take action accordingly
- Work closely with AP, Procurement and business stakeholders to continuously improve offshored processes. Modify where required
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Any Graduate / Post Graduate from University , additional certifications in Procurement space would be an added advantage
- 10 plus years of related experience in Procurement
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Excellent knowledge of source to payment processes
- Excellent understanding of contracts, with experience of sourcing service based categories
- Good process mapping skills
- Excellent purchasing system knowledge i.e. Workday/Agresso
- Demonstrable procurement leadership qualities and experience
- Track record of building and leading high performance teams
- Ability to operate in a fast passed environment and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent English oral and written
- Good cultural awareness of the UK and US
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Takes ownership of problems and looks to continuously improve
- Emotional intelligence and a true team player
- Experience of working in a BPO related organisation preferable