This role involves managing Equiniti’s network both in Chennai and US and ensure there is no loss of connectivity and no vulnerability. The role would require liaising with the wider IT team working in other areas and also with IT including Service and Change Management teams.
- Strong background in managing F5 BigIP / Kemp Load Balancers
- Independently Administer (Troubleshoot, resolve and maintain) and manage Remote support related to
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, Switches (3750’s, 3850’s & Nexus 7k’s) Routers, VPN Concentrators
- Configure and troubleshoot VPN Networks
- Monitor and troubleshoot WAN links
- Independently plan and implement security policies, security Standards and technologies and ESM Tools
- Support and manage Cisco and juniper firewalls.
- Devise and plan security audits, Vulnerability assessment
- Debug and resolve escalated technical calls within the agreed/stipulated SLA
- Undertake Knowledge transfer from peers or clients during transition related to Level 3 Support
- Prepare and update Documentation as applicable
- Manage the work within the agreed KPI/SLA as applicable.
- Should be willing to work in UK/US business hours and be available for support during out of UK/US business hours, on weekends and holidays.
Qualification & Skills
15+ years of experience in managing multiple networks in large enterprises.
Advanced/Expert knowledge on
- Routing and Switching, Firewalls, configuration and management, VPN
- Configuration maintenance, management
- WAN troubleshooting
- Syslog analysis
- Network Monitoring Tools Netflow Analyzer, Syslog, etc
- Qualified to CCIE (MUST BE CURRENT)
- Excellent People management skills
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Process oriented
- Desire to learn and ability to quickly implement learnings, train and coach team mates
- Expert/advanced Troubleshooting skills
- Good Team player but also able to work as an individual
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Ability to manage work as per the targets provided
- Ability to work in a virtual and remote environment.
- Appropriate years of experience in a similar role or have worked in troubleshooting server hardware and Operating system , applications, backup etc
- ITIL V3 foundation certified
- CCNA, Security and VPN
- Ready to work on call after office hours as needed
- People Management skills (small team)
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others.
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy).
- Says what they mean; walks the talk.
- Accepts responsibility rather than apportioning blame.
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others.
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships.
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the Client relationships.
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression.
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally).
- Effectively communicates with Clients and key stakeholders.
- Manages, maintains and promotes each relationship to deliver added value solutions and maximise growth potential.
- Probes facts and opinions to determine underlying needs and expectations to find out what Clients/Customer’s really need today and identify future requirements.
- Pro-actively manages all stakeholders throughout contract renewal and tender processes.
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are.
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers.
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction.
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others.
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals.
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others.
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change.
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient.
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Leads, coaches and develops others to reach their full potential.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first.
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others.
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation.
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions.
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.