Equiniti helps organisations to meet their regulatory requirements and undertake complex tasks, by combining specialist expertise with market-leading technology. Our technology platforms and solutions are used by 70% of the FTSE 100. Equiniti is listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
From working within the UK financial industry to providing services to public sector organisations, we deliver highly accurate, flexible and effective services to clients across a range of sectors.
The expertise of our 4,700 people in the UK, USA, Netherlands and India enables us to provide industry-leading specialist services to our clients, and in turn their customers, who are typically employees, pensioners, shareholders and consumers. We look to employ people who, like us, put the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Equiniti’s Procurement Team are responsible for the strategic and tactical management of a supply chain with circa £150m annual spend. The department is based in Crawley, West Sussex, and there is also an offshore presence in India. Procurement’s role is to ensure Equiniti’s businesses receive value for money and exceptional service in delivering to their corporate objectives. Reporting into the Procurement Manager the off-shore team has been established to provide support internally to the department and also the wider business units for selected procurement processes. This team is a critical part of the Procurement Transformation Equiniti underway.
This Buyer role, reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager, will be responsible for delivering a number of procurement processes that support the department delivering excellent customer service. This is a critical role that enables the operations of the department to run as efficiently as possibly enabling managers to focus on strategic property and procurement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing work instructions for each process that is managed offshore and ensure they are maintained and kept up to date
- Identify, suggest and seek approval to implement process improvements that improve efficiency
- Administer the contracts database ensuring contracts are loaded on to the database to SLA and maintained to 100% accuracy
- Migrate legacy supplier contracts onto the contracts database under supervision from the Senior Procurement Manager
- Manage the Procurement Inbox ensuring that queries from suppliers and the business are answered correctly. Track queries through to resolution within SLAs
- Maintain the accuracy of information on the Property and Procurement intranet. Identifying areas to improve and capturing new FAQ’s
- Maintain the catalogues for IT and stationery across the group, reviewing and adding/removing items where required. Perform spot negotiations for new items
- Perform Requisition to Receipt for IT related items which have come through the service desk
- Commerce Graduate with 6+ years of experience in Procurement Buyer role.
- Create purchase orders for the department and track invoice queries
- Create suppliers for the department and ensure all information is collected
- Maintain key data for supplier websites to function correctly i.e; Inntel, Office Team, UK Mail
- Support UAT testing on Agresso and Workday where required
- Support with end user/departmental system training as and when required
- Perform contract renewals/sourcing for below £50K goods and services as and when required
- Provide initial response to client requests/audits on procurement processes queries from a library of standard responses
- Provide support on P2P transitional support during acquisitions and disposals
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Good analytical capabilities and competent user of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding and experience of procurement processes, specifically P2P
- Willingness to learn and develop with a view to gaining professional qualifications (i.e. CIPS)
- Excellent purchasing system knowledge i.e. Workday/Agresso
- Ability to work to SLA’s and embrace a service mentality both within the department and to the business
- Ability to operate in a fast passed environment and prioritise accordingly
- Basic understanding of contracts
- Good English both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence stakeholders.
- Emotional intelligence and a true team player
- Ideally experience of working in Fin Tech or Technology related organisation