Performs operational accounting activities related to transfer agency and shareowner account maintenance. Duties may include: providing operational accounting support to internal business groups and/or operations departments ensuring that accounts are being managed within the account policy requirements; analyzing and reviewing transaction documents for accuracy; tracing and investigating transactions to resolve questionable data and applying corrective actions when necessary; preparing various reports using online systems; preparing account reconciliation and certification; performing customer account maintenance duties; reviewing taxes, dividends and processing the selling and purchasing of shares.
- Able to multi-task to accomplish tasks effectively.
- Able to interpret the share transfer forms
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Analytic skill
- Attention to detail
- Excellent data entry skills
- Good math and accounts skills
- Ability to work quickly & accurately while maintaining acceptable standards of workmanship
- Quick learner with the ability to retain high volume of information
- Ability to recognize and escalate to management if a shareholder has made multiple attempts to complete a transaction.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Taking ownership and responsibility
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Ability to learner quickly and transfer knowledge.
- General understanding of the stock market or financial industry.
- Flexibility to work different shifts and to work overtime
- Work together