Objective of job
To work as a part of a project team in the delivery and maintenance of complex enterprise solutions built using industry standard patterns, practices and components.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for :
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you and your team.
- Must have significant experience of leading a team of web developers
- Should be able to demonstrate an aptitude for mentoring more junior staff
- Proven experience of designing and delivery of web development solutions using a Microsoft technology stack
- Knowledge of / Experience in working in an Agile (DSDM) software delivery lifecycle
- Normal working hours would India business hours however should be willing to work in UK /US hours and be available for out of UK/US business hours support on week days and weekends.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise of using most of the following:
- ASP.NET MVC
- CSS (SASS / Less), Bootstrap
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, 2015
- Should have exposure to, or an active interest in, as many of the following as possible:
- Software design patterns and best practices, in particular SOLID
- Agile (Scrum/DSDM)
- ASP.NET Web API
- SQL Server
- Umbraco CMS
- Jquery UI
- Client-side testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine)
- Distributed Source Control Systems, preferably GIT
- Team Foundation Server;
- UX Design
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Able to deliver work that meets the time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base and out of hours.
- Communicates fluently in a non-confrontational manner and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.