Objective of job
To deliver bespoke work assigned based on the Microsoft .net framework, MVC and C# to the desired standards taking responsibility for the development of this work. The nature of this type of work means that you will be working with a large degree of freedom and undertaking R&D activities, as many of the work assigned will not be part of mainstream developlemnt teams, where technologies have been proven previously.
You will be assigned specific responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Delivery of complex technical PoCs, followed potentially by full product delivery, including automated unit testing as aprt of ongoing product roadmap.
- Take ownership of work assigned from either the Line Manager or the Team Lead.
- To actively participate on team meetings, internally presenting any work as part of the work delivery, potentitally to non-tehcnical audience.
- Delivery of assigned work to Equiniti’s specific quality procedures
- Deliver projects on time with expected quality.
- Handle incidents raised on products and support the team working with these in resolving incidents
- Provide Technical Assistance in Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving.
- Ensure SLA Compliance & meeting of KPIs
- Reporting of status, metrics, etc. to senior management and client
- On-boarding and mentoring of resources as required
- Liaise with onshore resources on Technical/Functional issues and queries.
- Manage releases to Test / Staging / Production environments
- Produce and/or Review Technical / Functional Designs
All software development takes place within a quality oriented environment working to industry standard development methodologies and controls.
You will be expected to interact directly with UK based staff and from time to time, UK/Ireland based customers
Qualification & Skills
- 6 to 9 years’ experience in a development environment including at least 4 years success in a senior project role using technologies including
- .Net Framework 3.5 or higher
- Web Services / WCF
- ASP.Net 4.0 MVC
- Entity Framework / LINQ to SQL
- Web API
- SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or higher
- Understanding of .Net software development tools, design methodologies and industry best practices.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and deliver great support to customers.
- Strong ability to make decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of technical and commercial demands.
You are a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you, and you will:
- Be personable and able to work effectively with team members as well as both internal and external customers
- Have good verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Have a clear, well-organised approach to working.
- Have good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be comfortable working with new technologies and concepts on your own, with very little guidance
- Desire to learn and ability to quickly implement learnings, train and coach team mates
- Exposure to the following technologies
- Angular JS or Bootstrap
- Good knowledge in Responsive Web Design
- MCAD/MCTS/MCPD Certifications
The following are additional skills which would be advantageous:
- Experience in 3rd party tools such as workflow and SharePoint
- TFS source control
- Agile process
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others.
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy).
- Says what they mean; walks the talk.
- Accepts responsibility rather than apportioning blame.
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others.
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships.
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the Client relationships.
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression.
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally).
- Effectively communicates with Clients and key stakeholders.
- Manages, maintains and promotes each relationship to deliver added value solutions and maximise growth potential.
- Probes facts and opinions to determine underlying needs and expectations to find out what Clients/Customer’s really need today and identify future requirements.
- Pro-actively manages all stakeholders throughout contract renewal and tender processes.
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are.
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers.
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction.
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others.
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals.
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others.
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change.
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient.
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Leads, coaches and develops others to reach their full potential.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first.
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others.
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation.
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions.
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.