Main Purpose of Job
The role of a Senior Test Engineer is to perform wide-ranging quality assurance technical work activities on varied applications and environments
Has the skills and aptitude to problem solve with the ability to support, mentor and peer review more junior members of the offshore team. Possessing strong communication skills to be the main point of contact for any clarifications with the UK, with the expertise to support the onshore test leads with MI and testing governance.
The jobholder must have a proven record in working in a global quality assurance department, with the ability to lead a small team of testers to deliver testing projects requiring minor support from the onshore SMEs.
The Equiniti Paymaster IT Test department is responsible for the testing of pension, payroll & L&P administration systems to meet the business requirements for our clients and Equiniti Paymaster. This involves system and regression testing the core and configured systems used by pension and payroll professionals, in addition to system testing the digital self-service applications used by pension members and employers. The test team provide testing support for bespoke pensions calculations, interfaces and workflows that have been developed to meet individual pension scheme requirements.
The department use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) as its application lifecycle management tool working in conjunction with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to capture the individual test plans and testing iterations.
The team has a breadth of knowledge across pensions, pension payroll, test analysis, test automation and non-functional testing using a combination of onshore and offshore test professionals.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Writing of test conditions/scenarios, test scripts with expected results and test data for testing projects
- Manual Test execution while accurately recording and storing test results
- Fully understand how all aspects of their work integrates with the rest of the SDLC
- Support the Agile testing process, attending daily stand-ups and ownership of individual user stories
- Provide technical testing support for the test processes and methods as defined in the testing approach documentation
- Implementing scheduled tests, execution and logging the tests and evaluating the results and documenting any deviations from expected results
- Perform peer reviews of the test cases/scripts prepared by other team members
- Facilitate test review meetings.
- Raise queries and collaborate to resolve queries with Development Team/Subject Matter Experts
- Be a point of contact for effective dialogue with UK colleagues to resolve any claifications and queries
- Change control to original requirements for impact analysis and capture these changes within a traceability matrix or within TFS
- Defect retesting, fault reviews and defect analysis of any issues raised
- Conducting test Fault and Progress review meeting within the team
- Experience in preparing test environment to execute test cases (Test Data)
- Provide technical testing support during the SDLC, using SQL reporting tools to test data processing through applications and networks
- Provide technical testing support for vulnerability testing for application data transfers
- Provide testing expertise for the UI testing of Web and mobile devices
- Provide technical testing guidance for multiple browser testing and device testing (operating systems), supporting risks and coverage reviews
- Provide test automation support, using their experience of automated methods and tooling
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- SEB qualified
- MSC in Computer science
- Agile testing process is an advantage
- A good understanding of test methods, covering - system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, negative testing and platform testing
- Must have experience of working in a development team that follows SDLC
- Strong quality control awareness
- Proven record of taking ownership of and responsibility of small to medium sized projects
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to mentor junior staff
- Exposure to automated test tools an advantage
- Test Automation using Coded UI desirable
- Experience of Microsoft TFS/MTM desirable
- Experience of SQL Server, Microsoft office and SharePoint desirable