Objective of job :
This role will be responsible for development and maintenance of Xanite (Investment Solutions) adhering to the processes and delivered within the agreed timelines with expected quality.
Qualification & Skills
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record.
- Should have good experience in developing application on Java Technology stack.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically even under pressure.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise of using several of the following technologies:
- Web Frameworks –Spring
- SQL & PLSQL
- DB Server: MSSQL
- Restful services or web services
- IDEs – NetBeans/Eclipse, MSSQL Studio
- JUnit / Integration and system testing
- Sound knowledge of OO design principles and patterns
- Mobile Development
- Business Intelligence
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Able to deliver work that meets the time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base and out of hours.
- Communicates fluently in a non-confrontational manner and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Willingness to work UK hours.
- Time Management and self-organization
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy)
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally)
- Effectively communicates with key stakeholders and clients
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.
- Development after a design hand over
- Unit Testing
- To fix bugs that have been identified during integration, system and volume testing and those reported during user acceptance testing/live system
- Reporting progress to the Line Manager
- Perform Code Reviews against agreed standards and methodologies
- Provision of advice on, and resolution of, underlying problems (Root Cause) in systems
- Specification & Design
- Quality Assurance