The Solutions Design team provides an essential role within the Software Delivery Lifecycle and the core activities of the team are:
- Interpret and support the elaboration of business requirements
- Devise and design software solutions to then:
- Work within IT to agree and estimate the delivery costs for the proposed solution
- Work with Business and external stakeholders to agree the proposed solution
- Act as the IT solution subject matter expert during all phases of the solutions delivery
This role is focussed on the design & delivery of software solutions across L&P‘s internal and client facing systems to support our growing portfolio of work. Working as a part of the wider delivery/project teams this role will be responsible for understanding Business Requirements and then estimating and shaping software solutions to deliver them through the production of system based assessments and designs.
Your background should include experience of working with high volume ecommerce and/or highly transactional financial services applications and sites. As part of a multi skilled delivery team you will be expected to contribute across all areas of delivery and have a desire to learn new skills to support this. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone to develop their skills interpreting both functional and non-functional requirements to design software solutions and support their delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle
- To liaise with relevant L&P business stakeholders within the business to determine and document system requirements.
- Engage in workshops with Business Analysts and Stakeholders to translate business requirements into proposed solutions
- Devise and design software solutions that meet the requirements.
- Provide support to the project teams on functional queries pertaining to requirements.
- Provide detailed solution design artefacts to support the build and test delivery phases.
- Support IT Development and Testing teams with clarifications, data queries and triage of issues
- Act as an IT solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) during all phases of the solution delivery.
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of delivery
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to tailor designs for internal and external users
- Ensure requests for change are impact assessed and tracked to support Project Change Control
- Support the development of timeframe and cost estimates
- Work with others to meeting project/resolution schedules - this may include leading others and co-ordinating activities both within Chennai and the UK
- Meeting deadlines
- Meeting customer requirements
- Adherence to departmental policies and procedures
Qualification & Skills
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: Able to Draw out the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered.
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of requirements that consider all stakeholders.
- Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work.
- Ability to identify, escalate and manage risks, issues and actions.
- Driven to update his/her skills, awareness and understanding of requirements in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas to the table.
- Knowledge and experience in Object Orientated Analysis and Design and Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as a part of multiple teams.
- Knowledge of / Experience in ITIL.
- Awareness of IT Data Security standards
- Experience in using Source Control and Bug Tracking tools (preferably TFS)
- Knowledge of / Experience in working to different software delivery models
- Experience in SQL Server and high level database design preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of/experience in enterprise development technologies and tools
- Will be working in India hours but should be willing to extend to UK hours when needed.
- Experience in the Financial sector and ideally within the L&P sector
- Experience in SQL Server and high level Database Design.
- Experience of working with others to achieve larger tasks
- Ability to handle delivery of large engagements preferably across multiple geographic locations.
- Inclination to lead by example.
- Believer in democratic leadership style.
- Possess good people management skills especially in handling Senior Technical Mangers and Leads.
- Willingness to accept challenges sometimes in newer domains and technologies.
- Ability to deliver in crisis without compromising on quality.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills and good Presentation skills.
- Lead by example and promote work ethics & company values amidst the teams.
- Nurture and mentor talent to build a strong workforce.
- Should be an inspirational leader constantly motivating the teams to perform better.
- Should be in line with Equiniti’s Core Values and Behaviours mentioned below:
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others.
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy).
- Says what they mean; walks the talk.
- Accepts responsibility rather than apportioning blame.
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others.
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships.
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the Client relationships.
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression.
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally).
- Effectively communicates with Clients and key stakeholders.
- Manages, maintains and promotes each relationship to deliver added value solutions and maximise growth potential.
- Probes facts and opinions to determine underlying needs and expectations to find out what Clients/Customer’s really need today and identify future requirements.
- Pro-actively manages all stakeholders throughout contract renewal and tender processes.
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are.
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers.
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction.
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others.
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals.
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others.
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change.
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient.
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Leads, coaches and develops others to reach their full potential.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first.
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others.
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation.
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions.
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.