Due to digital transformation within the organisation, we are hiring for Solution Designer based in Chennai. This role is focussed on the design & delivery of software solutions across internal and client facing systems to support our growing portfolio of work. Working as a part of the wider delivery/project teams this role will be responsible for understanding business requirements and then estimating and shaping software solutions to deliver them through the production of system based assessments and designs.
As the Solution Designer you would be responsible to:
- Liaise with relevant L&P business stakeholders within the business to determine and document system requirements.
- Engage in workshops with Business Analysts ,Stakeholders and 3rd party solution providers to translate business requirements into proposed solutions
- Devise and design software solutions that meet the requirements.
- Provide support to the project teams on functional queries pertaining to requirements.
- Provide detailed solution design artefacts to support the build and test delivery phases.
- Support IT Development and Testing teams with clarifications, data queries and triage of issues
- Act as an IT solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) during all phases of the solution delivery.
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of delivery
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to tailor designs for internal and external users
- Ensure requests for change are impact assessed and tracked to support Project Change Control
- Support the development of timeframe and cost estimates
- Work with others to meet project/resolution schedules - this may include leading others and co-ordinating activities both within Chennai and the UK
- Meeting deadlines
- Meeting customer requirements
- Adherence to departmental policies and procedures
What we are looking at you:
- Knowledge of application integration Web.API / REST
- Experience in SQL Server (2012+) and no SQL Db technology (MongoDB) high level database design Knowledge
- Knowledge of Web technologies and Java frameworks (Angular.js, CSS, HTML 5)
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft technologies C#, ASP.Net including .Net Core
- Experience in DevOps specially Continuous integration and deployment (GIT, TeamCity, Octopus, TFS)
- Experience of XML/XSL and XSD schemas
- Awareness of IT Data and coding security standards
- Experience in using Source Control and Bug Tracking tools (GIT, Jira, TFS)
PS: One would be working in India hours but should be willing to extend to UK hours when needed
To register your interest & further information:
Please submit your details online. If you are applying via an external website, please ensure your application is submitted directly via Equiniti Careers (email@example.com)