Job description - Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Objective of job
This role will be responsible for development and maintenance of Pancredit solutions adhering to the processes and delivered within the agreed timelines with expected quality.
Qualification & Skills - Mandatory
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record.
- Should have good experience in developing application on Java Technology stack.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically even under pressure.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise of using several of the following technologies:
- IDEs – NetBeans/Eclipse, MSSQL
- Web Frameworks
- Unit / Integration and system testing
- Sound knowledge of OO design principles and patterns
- Mobile Development
- Business Intelligence
- Use of Word and Excel
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Able to deliver work that meets the time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base and out of hours.
- Communicates fluently in a non-confrontational manner and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Willingness to work UK hours.
- Time Management and self-organization
- Development after a design hand over
- Unit Testing
- To fix bugs that have been identified during integration, system and volume testing and those reported during user acceptance testing/live system
- Reporting progress to the Line Manager
- Perform Code Reviews against agreed standards and methodologies
- Provision of advice on, and resolution of, underlying problems (Root Cause) in systems
- Specification & Design
- Quality Assurance