Objective of job
The role requires both broad Microsoft technologies operational experience and deep System Center technical knowledge, especially with Operations Manager. Candidates filling the role will be responsible for the day-to-day installation and post-installation sustainment activities. The candidate should have a history of having performed successful Operations Manager 2012 R2 (or later) deployments and support of such in technically very complex, Enterprise scale environments and must have demonstrated a strong commitment to teamwork and mentoring.
Qualification & Skills
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record
- Should have an overall 5+ years of experience in Design, Installation and Manage SCCM Infrastructure
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise of using one or several of the following technologies:
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 R2 – deployment, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, & maintenance
- Hands on technical experience deploying and supporting Operations Manager 2012 R2 in a large enterprise environment (2+years)
- Usage of a structured Management Pack lifecycle discipline
- Deployment of Management Packs
- Troubleshooting of misconfigured or malfunctioning monitoring
- Troubleshooting of Operations Manager infrastructure issues
- Agent provisioning/de-provisioning
- Creation and maintenance of documentation
- Test and documentation of Operations Manager patches, service packs
- Management Pack content knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2008R2/2012R2.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP.
- Good working knowledge of Powershell, VB scripting
- Working knowledge of other technologies such as MS SQL Server, TMG, SharePoint
- Management Pack Development
- Familiarity with .NET multi-tier applications and web services.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level systems monitoring tools
- Familiarity with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Detailed knowledge of Hyper-V
- Good working knowledge of PKI, Direct Access Microsoft System Center Service Manager and Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- MCSE Certification is a distinct advantage
- Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base.
- Communicates fluently in a non-confrontational manner and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Visionary and entrepreneurial with a positive "can do" attitude towards the technical and commercial challenges facing Equiniti and our customers.