Act as a Subject Matter Expert supporting both the team and the team leader.
Provide ongoing quality monitoring and coaching in order to improve the team’s performance and actively seek improvements to satisfy our customer needs.
Performs operational accounting activities related to transfer agency and shareowner account maintenance. Core Duties may include:
- To ensure both new recruits and experienced team members are appropriately trained, coached and motivated so that their individual and collective performance meets the current and future performance of the business.
- Deliver training in accordance with business and regulatory requirements in line with the Training Schedules in addition, also provide a structured coaching and support mechanism for new recruits.
- Act as a point of reference for the team.
- Take ownership of resolution of any risks or issues identified and ensure Team Leader is fully aware of any ongoing issues
- Work alongside the US team to ensure best practices are shared and service standards are met.
- Ensure that the operational unit works to support our quality policy, information security policy and all aspects of our Integrated Management System.
- Support the team deliverable by undertaking a range of roles and tasks when required.
- Pursue personal development of skills and technical knowledge to adapt to the changing business environment.
- Providing operational accounting support to internal business groups and/or operations departments.
- Ensuring that transactions are being managed within the process, procedure and policy requirements.
- Analyzing and reviewing shareowner/client documents for accuracy; tracing and investigating transactions to resolve questionable data and applying corrective actions when necessary.
- Performing customer account maintenance duties; reviewing taxes/share balance.
- Assists and provides guidance to lower level operations accounting clerks and specialists with reconciliation of complex problems. May have direct/indirect responsibility for supporting, advising, and resolving disputes for customers, clients /vendors.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and handles escalations, investigations. May have indirect/direct interaction with internal and external clients. Performs complex projects as requested.
- Prepares various reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Analyze the errors and suggest solutions for the root cause, and help the team to build quality and achieve high quality result, and reduce/eliminate errors to zero.
- SME should support the team during crisis and manage the crisis situation well and deliver the work with desired result to the line of business.
- Effective communication within the team and with the line of business and with other stakeholders (cross function teams, team leaders, and managers).
- SME should demonstrate high level sense of urgency and help to build the team morale, and develop the team members to the next levels in the process.
- 3 to 4 years of overall experience with a minimum of 2+ Years of experience in Capitaal Markets or Transfer agency industry.
- Achievement of agreed service standards
- Development of knowledge, competence and skills of self and team
- Adherence to procedures, policies and Integrated Management System requirements
- Quality of recommendations for continuous improvement
- Effectiveness of change management and communication
- Strong understanding of the following operational disciplines, policies and procedures of transfer agency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience in Managing LOB expectation in line with the business needs
- Manage work performance of team members with high quality standards for self and team
- Enthusiastically motivate team members to increase productivity in high quality.
- Strong in analysis, decision-making and problem solving skill
- Exhibits decent numerical and detail oriented skills
- Understanding US Security Exchange Commission regulatory policies and procedures.
- Have strong domain knowledge of Transfer agency business.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word; Microsoft Access is preferred
- Objectively assess the performance of others in accordance with the process, assessing capabilities and potential.
- Give constructive feedback in order to identify individual’s development needs.
- Maintain consistency and fairness throughout the process
- Has a very good understanding of the Group’s overall aims, structures, policies and culture, together with a good knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and relevant strategies pertaining to specific areas of the business.
- Able to assess the impact of change on products, systems, processes and people.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contact in all relevant areas.
- Has a good understanding of the business environment in which Equiniti operates and of industry best practice.
- Has a good awareness of the likely impact of economic, political, social and regulatory change on Equiniti’s business and overall aims, including relevant IT industry developments.
- Maintain an understanding of competitor services and initiatives and how they may be turned to advantage.