Job description - Team Lead – Java
Objective of job :
The Java Team Lead role is focused on the delivery of quality software throughout all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle Process (SDLC) across all of the Xanite product set. The role will be responsible for making sure that project work assigned to their relevant teams is delivered to highest possible level of quality and that their team know exactly what is required of them and their importance in the overall SDLC process. The role will work for the Equiniti Xanite Chennai Java Practice Lead with a dotted line into their UK team lead counterparts.
As well as these core responsibilities the role will be expected to champion the Java Practice as a whole in its integration into EQ IT and the adoption and sharing of best practices across the development disciplines. The role should look to support the Java Practice Lead to introduce new and innovative ideas and tooling into the EQ IT delivery process and be constantly challenging both their own teams and others in the adoption of these.
Qualification & Skills - Mandatory
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record.
- Should have an overall 7+ years of experience in developing application on Java Technology stack.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Track record of successful delivery of software projects either in a development or test (or both)
- Managing delivery teams across all areas of Java technology stack
- Knowledge of common SDLCs and how to apply them in a delivery context
- Knowledge of/experience in working with different software delivery models
- Excellent distributed management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to positively influence and challenge supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically even under pressure.
- Experience in leading effective project delivery teams.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise of using several of the following technologies:
- Java / J2EE
- Sprint / Hibernate frameworks
- Proficient in SOAP and REST APIs - JSON
- Apache Tomcat
- IDEs – NetBeans/Eclipse, MSSQL
- Unit / Integration and system testing
- Experience in Enterprise Java application Development
- Sound knowledge of OO design principles and patterns
- Excellent communication skills.
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, DSDM)
- Automation / Load Testing
- Visual Studio, TFS, MTM
- Experience in the Financial sector
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Able to deliver work that meets the time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base and out of hours.
- Communicates fluently in a non-confrontational manner and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Willingness to work UK hours.
- Deliver innovative software solutions to meet the needs of both internal and external client base
- Provide Technical input to the Xanite product set and ensure that the technology roadmap aligns to the business
- Support Equiniti Business by delivering market leading technology solutions through an in-depth knowledge of the markets and products that Equiniti work with.
- Create a center of excellence for all Java development within the Equiniti Group
- Line Management of Java Development Team
- Managing their team’s involvement in the development activity of the Equiniti Xanite project portfolio
- Ensuring that the EQ Chennai Java Function is aligned with UK delivery teams and there is consistency of reporting and processes across both teams.
- Ensuring Quality is built into the EQ Chennai Java Practice SDLC and that the relevant quality gates are always met and adhered to.
- Managing multiple current deliveries and feeding any issues into the Demand Management function
- Ensuring alignment with the Equiniti Xanite Portfolio and Demand Management function
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues, stakeholders, suppliers and clients
- Recommending tooling and processes that support the function and its processes
- Ensure adherence to all Regulatory, Security and Compliance requirements