The Equiniti Group has evolved significantly since its carve out from Lloyds Bank in 2007 and merger with Xafinity in 2010. As a result of our refinancing of the group in 2013, we were able to fully consolidate our finance teams and accounting systems, which we previously had to hold separate as part of our funding requirements. In addition we have made six acquisitions since the refinancing.
All of the above has required a huge amount of change to be delivered in the finance environment. In the last two years we have:
- Migrated all our UK businesses onto one common accounting platform (Agresso)
- Centralised our AP team in Worthing and consolidated to one core ledger
- Centralised most of our General Ledger activities in Worthing into one team
- Invested in our Financial Accounting Team to deliver high quality quarterly financial statements
- Made a step change in our internal financial reporting by installing a data warehouse and establishing a group FP&A team
However we still have a significant amount of change to deliver. The Group has a captive offshore facility in Chennai and we currently have no financial activities located there. In addition we have a wide range of bespoke finance processes that reflect our legacy and heritage, with the focus still biased toward transactional accounting rather than an effective separation of standardisation and proper business partnering. The foundations are in place for the next stage of finance transformation to be built, which represents an exciting and career enhancing opportunity.
The Finance Shared Service Centre in Chennai will provide financial support to Equiniti’s finance team based in the UK. The UK team provide Business Partnering, Tax, Compliance and Treasury support to the Group. The SSC will support them by providing Purchase to Pay (PTP), Order to Cash (OTC), Record to Report (RTR) and Data Management (DM) transactional tasks. The team will also work closely with other support functions (eg HR) to provide a “One Stop” shop to Equiniti.
Master Data is core to having quality numbers across the organisation. By putting the above activity in one place, with staff focussed on quality and process improvements, we can ensure that Equiniti is well placed for the expected growth over the coming years.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Strong working knowledge of Workday, with a solid understanding of Finance business processes
- Workday Advanced reporting writing experience with a functional understanding of databases
- Assist with Workday configuration and design of business processes, workflow, security and reports
- Assist in optimizing Workday functionality by evaluating our current and desired business processes/rules and system capabilities
- Participate in business acceptance testing activities, including business functionality, integrations and reports/ dashboards
- Assist with updates to our Workday administrator documentation
- Provide support and back-up for input of daily transactions into Workday as required
- Identify people, processes, and system changes required to improve processes in the context of overall workforce management and analytics needs; understand and manage the end to end flow of HR data across multiple systems and functions
- Independently produce and deliver quarterly / monthly reports to various teams across key business stakeholders
- Understand and follow company policies surrounding data governance, security, and integration development.
- Actively seeks out process improvements to speed up delivery and make requestors aware of status.
- Understands Workday security domains and how to maintain security on business processes.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- 4 to 7 years’ experience working in a Workday Finance environment, preferably in an SSC
- University Qualified
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- Must be experienced in Workday Security and the Workday Financials module
- Minimum of 4 years of practical Workday Integrations experience
- Actively involve, manage and take responsibility for project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
Core Values & Behaviours
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others.
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy).
- Says what they mean; walks the talk.
- Accepts responsibility rather than apportioning blame.
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others.
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships.
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the internal Client relationships.
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression.
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally).
- Effectively communicates with internal Clients and key stakeholders.
- Manages, maintains and promotes each relationship to deliver added value solutions and maximise growth potential.
- Probes facts and opinions to determine underlying needs and expectations to find out what internal Clients really need today and identify future requirements.
- Pro-actively manages all stakeholders.
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are.
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of internal Clients and Customers.
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction.
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others.
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals.
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others.
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change.
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient.
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Leads, coaches and develops others to reach their full potential.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the internal Client / Customer first.
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others.
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation.
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions.
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.