Senior Software Engineer - Java (Springs)
Designation - Sr. Software Engineer - Java (Springs)
Objective of job
This role will be responsible for development and maintenance of Pancredit solutions adhering to the processes and delivered within the agreed timelines with expected quality.
Qualification & Skills
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record.
- Should have good experience in developing application on Java Technology stack.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically even under pressure.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Should have appropriate level of expertise of using several of the following technologies:
- IDEs – NetBeans/Eclipse, MSSQL
- Web Frameworks-Springs
- Unit / Integration and system testing
- Sound knowledge of OO design principles and patterns
- Mobile Development
- Business Intelligence
- Use of Word and Excel
- Able to work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Able to deliver work that meets the time and quality targets.
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base and out of hours.
- Communicates fluently in a non-confrontational manner and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Pragmatic, tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack and seek multiple solutions.
- Willingness to work UK hours.
- Time Management and self-organization
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy)
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally)
- Effectively communicates with key stakeholders and clients
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction
- Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.
- Development after a design hand over
- Unit Testing
- To fix bugs that have been identified during integration, system and volume testing and those reported during user acceptance testing/live system
- Reporting progress to the Line Manager
- Perform Code Reviews against agreed standards and methodologies
- Provision of advice on, and resolution of, underlying problems (Root Cause) in systems
- Specification & Design
- Quality Assurance