Hr & Payroll Specialist
Designation - HR & Payroll Specialist
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a helpful, responsive and customer friendly HR and payroll administrative and query handling service to all People Services customers, ensuring that all queries are resolved within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all payroll and compensation queries are recorded accurately on the system and closed when resolved.
- Liaise with Pensions Team and Flex Team to answer any questions to ensure the smooth running of Payroll Services.
- During busy periods of high work volumes, support People Services Associates to accurately input starters, leavers and employee master data changes.
- During busy periods of high work volumes, support the Data & Reporting Specialist in HR and Payroll reporting
- Ensure all input is thoroughly checked in line using control measures and payrolls are calculated accurately.
- Produce BAC’s reports for customers and ensure that they are signed off by the appropriate and agreed person / people and within the agree timeframes.
- Ensure that all payments are processed correctly according to the agreed payroll schedule.
- Produce payroll reports and on-line pay slips for the Equiniti employees.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure responses to all requests are done in a helpful, highly responsive, efficient and customer friendly manner.
- Ensure all Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met and escalate any issues or concerns to the PeopleServices Team Leader immediately.
- Support HR Centres of Excellence will providing information to 3rd parties within the UK such as HMRC, CSA, Pension Providers, etc.
- Maintain up to date UK payroll skills and customer support best practice.
- If any problem occurs during processing, raise this with your Team Leader immediately.
- Process End of Year returns to UK HMRC accurately and on time.
- Provide support to your team members, especially in busy periods to ensure that overall service targets are met and workload completed.
- Work with the HR Business Partners and HR Centre of Excellence team ensuring timely exchange of information about specific HR cases, administrative support for HR cases and projects
- Support the HR Business Partners and ER Specialists with companywide HR issues, such as multiple employment tribunal claims, trade union activity and policy development.
- Ensure that information and updates from HR Centres of Expertise are passed on to the PeopleServices team, especially changes to UK employment law and payroll statutory obligations.
- Provide support to the People Services team and act as escalation point when necessary, providing advice to help resolve queries.
- Ensure that the People Services work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Drive continuous service improvement by suggesting ideas to improve the quality of work and the Customer Experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- First degree qualified, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Payroll administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of HR administration and query handling.
- Proven experience and ability of processing UK payrolls accurately and on time (including ability to manually calculate net pay)
- Good understanding of UK Payroll legislation
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills, data input accuracy and attention to detail.
- A customer focussed pragmatic and practical approach to delivering HR services to meet customer requirements. Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong judgement and decision making skills
- Good working knowledge of current UK employment legislation, UK legislative changes and application in the workplace.
- Strong awareness of regulatory bodies and their impact on HR issues, with the ability to train and coach the People Services team on application of such knowledge to case work.
- Commercially aware with strong understanding of cost implications or HR cases to the business
- Able to thrive in a highly pressurised environment, well organised with strong ability to multitask.
- Well organised, hardworking and able to work under time pressure to meet deadlines.
- At least intermediate level in MS Office suite, and adept at learning new systems and processes driven by technology. Expert level MS Excel
- Strong integrity and an appreciation of the requirement for confidentiality and the protection of data
- Commitment and enthusiasm to continuous improvement, to transform how HR is delivered at Equiniti
- 5 years’ experience in HR and Payroll administration and advisory support.
- Practical understanding of unionised environments, settlement agreements and employment tribunals.
- A solid understanding of restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, TUPE transfers, etc.
- Payroll / Accounting qualification
- Experience of processing UK payrolls in an outsourced payroll environment.
- Experience of using top tier HR and payroll systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP or Oracle.