People Services Associate
Job description - People Services Associate
PeopleServices is a new team being established in Chennai to deliver technology driven HR and payroll data administration, reporting and advisory services for Equiniti managers in the UK.
They will provide an exciting new service proposition which delivers;
- Integration and alignment:with Equiniti Business Technology Services offering in Chennai, following the requirement to off-shore where possible, digital by design and a technology solution chosen within the existing Microsoft stack.
- Operational efficiency and quality: efficient and robust processes and controls. Stronger data integrity, allowing better decision making and further bottom line savings in areas such as absence, overtime, vacancy and pay controls.
- BPO platform: a reference site for HR and payroll BPO and the potential for additional external revenue generation.
Main Purpose of Job
The role of PeopleServices Associate will work as part of the PeopleServices Team in Chennai providing an HR and payroll data administration and helpdesk services for our customers. You will process changes to Equiniti employee personal details, correspondence, payroll data changes and data record maintenance. You will also provide advisory support to Equiniti managers and employees on standard HR and payroll policies, processes, basic compensation and benefit entitlement queries.
Customer service, quality and care is everything. The role will require excellent written and spoken English language skills, as well as proven numeracy, data accuracy and proficient IT skills. It will also require commitment and enthusiasm as part of this exciting vision to transform HR and Payroll.
Support Functions Contract Full-time (Permanent)
Location India (Chennai) Ref No 1220
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The core administrative elements of your role will include processing and quality checking:
- New starter actions for people joining Equiniti.
- Offer letters and contracts of employment using standard templates.
- Pre-employment referencing and security vetting.
- Probationary periods, internal transfers and special leave (maternity, paternity and flexible working).
- Sickness absence (short term and long term sick) and annual leave requests.
- 1st stage monthly payroll data to record and check attendance, hours worked, allowances, overtime and pay adjustments.
- Changes to personal details and terms and conditions.
- Changes to personal allowances, compensation and benefits.
- Administration and correspondence support for the UK based Employee Relations Specialists dealing with employee relations cases.
- HR records ensuring all employee records (manual and electronic) are accurate, up to date and comply with the Data Protection Act and company specific requirements.
- Bulk and company-wide employee communications for HR and payroll changes and calendar events (such as pay and bonus reviews, PDRs, engagement surveys, flexible benefits).
- Leaver actions for those leaving employment with Equiniti, including ex-employee reference requests and other external data requests.
You will also be required to:
- Provide standard advice to Equiniti managers and employees on HR and payroll policies, processes, basic compensation and benefit entitlement queries through email, e-chat and telephone.
- Pass on complex manager and employee queries to the PeopleServices Team Leader and UK based ER Specialists as directed.
- Record all administrative and query handing tasks on the Contact Management System, ensuring customers are provided with a service reference number for any unresolved queries.
- Respond to all requests in a helpful, highly responsive, efficient and customer friendly manner.
- Ensure all Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met and escalate any issues or concerns to the PeopleServices Team Leader immediately.
- Ensure the PeopleServices office working area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Provide support to your PeopleServices team members, especially in busy periods to ensure that overall service targets are met and workload completed.
- Support additional HR and Payroll jobs allocated to you that may not be included in this Job Profile.
- Support continuous service improvement by suggesting ideas to improve the quality of work and the Customer Experience.
Note; statements in this Job Profile are intended to reflect, in general, the core duties and responsibilities of the position, but are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive