A new opportunity has arisen within Equiniti India Operations for a Payroll Executive within the Payroll division. In this exciting role you will be responsible for the administration and processing of a variety of UK and Ireland based Payrolls, and will work closely alongside the UK operational team.
As part of our HR and Payroll Division, we provide outsourced payroll services to over 100 clients paying over 120,000 employees each month. Using our own in house payroll system Perito we drive unprecedented payroll accuracy, ensuring that outsourcing is not only cost effective but adds value as well. We are now looking for a Payroll Executive to join our team. In this team you will be a key member of our payroll processing team ensuring that our client’s records are processed accurately, in a professional manner and delivered right first time, every time.
This role is well suited for a graduate with end to end payroll experience who has effective communication skills, both oral and written, and someone with a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Inputting payroll data into the payroll system ensuring the required level of checks are carried out
- Ensuring all payroll processing is completed within the set deadlines to allow payment to employees on time
- Resolving payroll processing issues and proactively highlighting concerns which could impact the payroll delivery
- Keeping up to date with changes to the UK and Ireland statutory legislation
- Work alongside the UK operational team to ensure communication and operations are aligned
- Monitor the team compliance with internal policies, procedures, external regulations and data security, report or escalating non-conformance as necessary
- Support the team deliverable by undertaking a range of roles and tasks when required
- Pursue personal development of skills and technical knowledge to adapt to the changing business environment
Suggested Performance Measures
- Successful completion of task and achievements of agreed service standards
- Accuracy and volume of work
- Development of knowledge, competence and skills of self
- Adherence to procedures, policies and Integrated Management System requirements
- Quality of recommendations for continuous improvement
- Effective communication with onshore team
- Deliver quality to our customers
- Minimum 1 years experience in end to end payroll is essential, preferably in UK payroll
- Drive to improve results and standards
- Working together
- Taking ownership and responsibility
- Technical proficiency
- Good business judgement
English Oral Communication:
- Explains or presents factual information to individuals or groups in a structured, clear, confident and concise way avoiding the use of jargon.
- Explains the reasoning behind what is being said to ensure understanding and acceptance.
English Written Communication:
- Produces clear and concise reports and other written material (both draft and final form) usually of a detailed and sometime technical nature, which are understandable to those with or without knowledge of the subject matter.
- Uses basic time management techniques to plan, manage and prioritise own work effectively, making most efficient use of the time available.
- Has a very good understanding of the Group’s overall aims, structures, policies and culture, together with a good knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and relevant strategies pertaining to specific areas of the business.
- Able to assess the impact of change on products, systems, processes and people.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contact in all relevant areas.
- Has a good understanding of the business environment in which Equiniti operates and of industry best practice.
- Has a good awareness of the likely impact of economic, political, social and regulatory change on Equiniti’s business and overall aims, including relevant IT industry developments.
- Maintain an understanding of competitor services and initiatives and how they may be turned to advantage.
Job Location: Chennai