The Equiniti Paymaster IT Test department is responsible for the system testing of pension, payroll & L&P administration systems to meet the business requirements for our clients and Equiniti Paymaster. This involves system and regression testing the core and configured systems used by pension and payroll professionals, in addition to system testing the digital self-service applications used by pension members and employers. The test team provide system testing support for bespoke pensions calculations, interfaces and workflows that have been developed to meet individual pension scheme requirements.
The department use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) as its application lifecycle management tool working in conjunction with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) to capture the individual test plans and testing iterations.
The team has a breadth of knowledge across pensions, pension payroll, test analysis, test automation and non-functional testing using a combination of onshore and offshore test professionals.
The role of an Automation Test Professional is to support the Test Analysts (automation and non-automation), Test Lead(s) and Manager(s) with the QA delivery for major software releases (core or configured) by executing pre-defined detailed test conditions and test scripts using Microsoft TFS, with appropriate test data creation, for core functional system enhancements or bespoke client configuration changes made to our internally developed pension and payroll administration platform.
The job holder will work on various projects outlined on the Delivery Roadmaps, providing support and assistance to the Senior Test Analyst/Test Leads during the software development lifecycle (SDLC) ensuring all processes and procedures are followed as detailed in the Test Strategy and Test Plans and outlined by GPMO
Qualification & Skills
- Agile testing process is an advantage
- A good understanding of test methods, covering - system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, negative testing and platform testing
- Must have experience of working in a development team that follows SDLC
- A strong background in working with automation test tools
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous integration platforms
- Test Automation using Coded UI desirable
- Experience of SQL Server, Microsoft office and SharePoint
- BE/ME/MCA/M.Sc. Computer Science with excellent track record
- Should have appropriate years of testing experience required for this role.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a drive to take ownership of and responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Proven experience in developing automated test systems using Selenium web driver for web application projects.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using C#. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Should have good knowledge in following Areas/skills :
- Automation Framework
- API Testing
- Testing Tools (Selenium with C# & Java, VS CUIT etc.,)
- Write test planning documentation from requirements specifications/user stories
- Manual Test execution while accurately recording and storing test results
- Fully understand how all aspects of their work integrates with the rest of the SDLC
- Support the Agile testing process, attending daily stand-ups and ownership of individual user stories
- Understand the process and assist with the implementation of automated test suites used for test automation and regression packs
- Experience of test automation methods and tooling
- Ability to create automated scripts
- Identify new automation opportunities and highlight these to senior test personnel for future automation suites
- Create automated test suites using and modifying previously created manual test suites to form the basis for automated scripts
- Raise queries and collaborate to resolve queries with Development Team/Subject Matter Experts
- Provide non-automated test supporting in execution and coverage
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and windows applications primarily using selenium/Visual Studio’s Coded UI module.
- Experience to Automation tools (preferably using Selenium/VS CUIT) and Agile testing process is added advantage
- Implement and develop automated test practices for web applications primarily using Selenium Web Driver
- Design and create test scripts using C#/Java to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, Framework enhancements, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation, Debugging, Code Review & Helping the team technically as & when required.
- Willing to work both in Manual & Automation testing
- Highly flexible, including willingness to work away from home base.
- Interacts with and influence immediate colleagues and should have more influence in own domain.
- Should perform a range of varied work activities in a variety of structured environments.
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications. Demonstrates a rational and organised approach to work.
- Should have sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues
- Can rapidly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Should absorb technical information when it is presented systematically and applies it effectively.